Sâncrăieni commune lies at a distance of only 4 km from Miercurea Ciuc, being split in two by the Olt River. The village is first mentioned in papal documents from 1332-1334, and received the name after Saint Stephen, the first Hungarian king. The village was famous for the manufacture of millstones, there were paper mills, sawmills, timber and tile factories, wool processing facilities and the locals were famous carters. The village hosts the richest mineral springs and there is mineral water bottling factory, called Perla Harghitei. As in other localities, the Roman Catholic Church is considered monument here too, which meets several styles. The church of today was built in the 15th century in the Gothic style, then, between 1759 and 1773 it was extended and exalted.
In 1790 it was added a hall in Baroque style, and in 1901 a chapel was constructed near the church, but some elements of the old church dating from the 13th century have been preserved, such as stone door frames and stone christening fountain. In the village cemetery the chapel of the Lord was built in Baroque style. The stone door frame preserves its Gothic elements on which the year 1528 was engraved. At the marketplace in front of the church stands a monument from 1775 which was probably built after a plague epidemic. The monument from 1971 represents the two world wars and was built in memory of the heroes of Sâncrăieni. Other monuments are: the statue of Saint Stephen (2001); the monument erected in memory of Andrássy family (2002). At the village border, where the Olt valley narrows, on the hill called ”Háromtetej” are the fortress ruins of Andrássy family. The Borșaroș fen is in the village Sâncrăieni on the right bank of the Olt River, which shelters many rare plant species and glacial relicts. In the neighborhood is tradition mineral water pool, called Borsáros.
GPS coordinate: 46°18′04″N 25°48′09″E