Sânsimon village with Cetățuia village forms an autonomous commune.
It is one of the oldest settlements in the Lower Ciuc Basin. In the 19th century a gold and silver mine was opened and iron was processed. However, in 1943, it became famous for alcohol and starch factory, which currently does not work. Instead in 2014 it operates as a traditional brewery, called “Igazi Csíki Sör”, which in Romanian means “True Ciuc Beer.” The brewery produces a crafted beer, unpasteurized, without additives and preservatives. The kindergarten is also famous, called Endes mansion (house number 229), within whose yard is a lime nearly 400 years. Another monument is Ferenc Darvas wooden house (house number 37), which like the above mentioned, was built in the 19th century. Both buildings are included in the official records of the monuments of the county. The Roman Catholic Church, named after St. Laszlo emperor, was consecrated in 1835, being built in place of the Saint Laszlo chapel. The cemetery chapel was built in 1891 by the Kottek family.
GPS coordinate: 46°15′29″N 25°53′9″E
The village lies on the left bank of the Olt River, at the confluence with the Fişag Stream. The first record of the village was made in 1567 under the name of Chijato-zegh. In 1719 he the plague arrived, which killed 376 locals. In the village we can meet with many historical monuments recorded in official documents of Harghita County. Among them the Roman Catholic Church was built in the 13th century. In the 15th century the framing of the door was rebuilt in Gothic style and in the 18th century (1771-1778) the whole church was rebuilt in Baroque style. The winged altar (altar of Mary) comes from the 16th century. Since 1786 the church is dedicated to Holy Apostles Simon and Judas Tadeo. Chapel of St. Mary Church was added in 1400. On the fence of the church motifs can be seen such as the sun, moon and stars located on a funeral stone. Another monument is the graveyard of the village, which also appear in official documents of the monuments of the county. In 1853, Károly Benkő reminiscent of Tormás (at south) and Veress (at east) springs. In the village is one of the popular mineral water sources of the Lower Ciuc.
GPS coordinate: 46°14′31″N 25°53′52″E