It is a commune residence with a large area. It was named after Prince St. Imre, the first son of King Saint Stephen. The area is inhabited since ancient times, proof being the traces from the 3d and 4th centuries found in the territory called “Green Trees”. According to certain records (Dr. Benedek Jancsó and László Vofkori), in the 13th century there was already a church built in Roman style. The church which can be seen today was rebuilt in Baroque style in 1776, but keeps many Gothic style remnants (15th and 16th centuries). Winged altar was probably built in the 15th century, the paintings remained in it (comprise of 10 scenes) keeping the memory of the oldest paintings of this kind. The compositions of the paintings were made with brass engravings of Schongauer’s and have been restored with the help of the Richter family in 1970. Another valuable piece of the church is the oil painting called “picture of the oath” painted by Stephanus Antal in 1767.
Another monument of the village is the Saint Margaret chapel, which is located on the west side of Olt River and whose period of construction is unknown. It is assumed that the paintings on its walls are dating from the 14th century. Another monumental building is the Henter mansion, which is the location of numerous historic events. It was built in 1713 by barons Henter in Baroque style. Historical monument the water mill built in 1878, which is in the property of Menyhért Szakács. A part of the small balneal resort called Sântimbru Băi belongs to Sântimbru commune, where there are many mineral springs and mofettas used for therapeutic purposes.
GPS coordinate: 46°15′42″N 25°47′48″E